What makes a coffee shop so special? The coffee? The people? The aesthetic? Perhaps it’s the music? While there are many things that add to its charm, a coffee shop is not without the right playlist.
How do I define coffeehouse music? Chill. Not too calm as to put you to sleep and easy enough on the ears to keep concentration on your work. It has always been a favorite genre of mine. Really, it’s how I survived college!
And with that, I introduce the first Coffee With Shay mixed tape, an hour or so of coffeehouse feels! A few of my favorites while I’m enjoying a nice cup of coffee.
- Apple Juice – Jessie Reyez
- Riptide – Kina Grannis, Imaginary Future
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine
- Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Distance – Emily King
- Better Together – Us The Duo
- The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
- Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop – Landon Pigg
- I’ve Got Dreams to Remember – Otis Redding
- Hello My Old Heart – The Oh Hellos
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver
- The Scientist – Corinne Bailey Rae
- Somewhere Only We Know – Renee Dominique
- Golden Lights – Tigers in the Sky
- I Don’t Know My Name – Grace VanderWaal
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Heartbeat – Lanie Lane
- For You – Twin Bandit
Disclaimer: It was incredibly challenging to narrow this list down to one hour of music! But, there’s only so much tinkering one can do to the lineup.
What’s on your coffeehouse feels mixed tape? I’d love to know!